stats

Tourguide

#Id Name Image Description Geolocation Address City State
93602 Bunnell Water Tower Towering over the City of Bunnell is the city's most visible and iconic landmark: the City of Bunnell elevated steel water tower. The water tower is located at 100 Utility Street, Bunnell, FL 32110. It was built in 1926 by Chicago Bridge & Iron Company as part of a new waterworks system for Bunnell that went into operation in December 1927 and has been providing water to residents and local businesses to this day. The water tower is 110 feet high and its elevated steel tank holds 75,000 gallons of water. The elevated steel water tank has a conical top, Horton hemispherical bottom and is supported by four steel columns (legs) and reinforced with steel cross braces. The east and west sides of the elevated tank have black painted signage that read “City of Bunnell, Crossroads of Flagler County” 29.4675800,-81.2602500
Map
93603 Holden House The Holden House, located at 204 E. Moody Blvd., Bunnell, Florida, was built in 1918 by Samuel Merwin Bortree (1859-1918) as a wedding gift for his daughter Ethel Lura Bortree Holden (1892-1977), and her husband Thomas Edward Holden (1892-1974). It is an excellent example of the Craftsman Bungalow architectural style. The house was purchased by Flagler County for $40,000 on August 6, 1979 from a Holden family member. It is now a museum that features artifacts from Flagler County and the general Florida area dating from the St. Johns Culture (500 BCE) to the present. It is also the headquarters for the Flagler County Historical Society. The house's upstairs bathroom was one of the first indoor bathrooms in the Bunnell area and features unique small hexagon tiles on the floor which were similar to the flooring design used in the original owner's pharmacy building (Holden's Pharmacy) which is no longer extant and was located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Moody Boulevard and U.S. 1 in Bunnell. The Holden House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 16, 2018 (Reference Number: SG100003020). 29.4667700,-81.2570600
Map
93604 Cape San Blas Lighthouse at Port St. Joe The Cape San Blas Light is a lighthouse in the state of Florida in the United States. There were four built between 1849 and 1885. It was located at Cape San Blas in the northwestern part of the state. Due to beach erosion and weather damage over the decades, it was moved in 2014 to Port St. Joe. The lighthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2015. 29.6712000,-85.3563000
Map
93605 List of Registered Historic Black Public Schools in Florida The following buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Florida's Historic Black Public Schools Multiple Property Submission (or MPS). 27.9552780,-82.4530560
Map
93606 Boca Grande Quarantine Station The following buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Lee County Multiple Property Submission (or MPS). 26.7194440,-82.2616670
Map
93607 Mount Elizabeth Archeological Site The Mount Elizabeth Archeological Site, also known as Racey's Tuckahoe, St. Joseph's Novitiate or the Mount Elizabeth Indian Mound is a prehistoric midden and an archaeological site in Jensen Beach, Florida. It is located in Martin County's Indian RiverSide Park, which includes the former Florida Institute of Technology (Jensen Beach Campus) east of Indian River Drive on the Indian River Lagoon. On September 14, 2002, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. 27.2277780,-80.2133330
Map
93608 Ace Theatre Ace Theatre in Miami, Florida, is an Art Deco commercial structure constructed in 1930 in Miami's Coconut Grove neighborhood. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places June 13, 2016. 25.7275920,-80.2528100
Map
93609 Hequembourg House The Hequembourg House was a historic home in Miami Springs, Florida. It was located at 851 Hunting Lodge. On November 1, 1985, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, but was removed from the Register in January 2011. It was a work of Curtiss & Bright. 25.8125000,-80.2975000
Map
93610 Valparaiso Inn The Valparaiso Inn was built in 1924 on the shores of Boggy Bayou in Valparaiso, Florida, by developer James E. Plew. The three-story Spanish stucco structure was patterned after Chicago's famous Edgewater Beach Hotel. It had four wings angled to catch the breeze and provide a panoramic view of Boggy Bayou and Choctawhatchee Bay. It offered 56 guests rooms. 30.5005800,-86.4932900
Map
93611 George R. Newell House (Orlando, Florida) The George R. Newell House in Orlando, Florida was built in 1885 by George R. Newell, a Baltimore attorney, for his bride, Susie Gibson. At the time, the other homes on Lake Avenue were also occupied by newlyweds, so the area became known as "Honeymoon Row." It was lived in continuously by the Newells and their two sons, Leigh G. and Sidney P., and then by Sidney and his wife, Eleanor Hope Cobb, and two daughters Eleanor Hope and Sue Gibson, until 1970, when both Sidney and Eleanor Hope died. It is a historic house that was formerly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Its listing status changed in 1975. This was due to the house being sold by Sidney and Eleanor Hope's estate after an attempt to have it purchased and restored by a local historical group failed because of lack of funds. It was demolished the same year by its new owners, who built condos on the rear of the lot and a house of a similar plan on the front of the lot.
93612 Bingham-Blossom House The Bingham-Blossom House, also known as Figulus, was a historic home and landscaped estate in Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, southeastern Florida. It was located at 1250 South Ocean Boulevard. It was damaged by fire and demolished in 1974. 26.6719440,-80.0411110
Map
93613 Brelsford House The Brelsford House (also known as The Banyans) was a historic home in Palm Beach, Florida, United States, located at 1 Lake Trail. Built between 1888 and 1903, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 3, 1974. The Neoclassical house was destroyed in August of the following year, but it remains on the Register. 26.7097220,-80.0377780
Map
93614 Dixie Court Hotel The Dixie Court Hotel was a historic hotel in West Palm Beach, Florida. It was designed by Harvey & Clarke and was built in 1926. 26.7194440,-80.0536110
Map
93615 Hibiscus Apartments The Hibiscus Apartments (also known as the Hibiscus Garden Apartments) was a historic site in West Palm Beach, Florida. It was a 3-story Mediterranean style apartment building built in 1926. 26.7086110,-80.0583330
Map
93616 Belleview-Biltmore Hotel The Belleview-Biltmore Resort and Spa was a historic resort hotel located at 25 Belleview Boulevard in the town of Belleair, Florida, United States. The 400,000 square feet (37,000 m2) hotel structure was the last remaining grand historic hotel of its period in Florida that existed as a resort, and the only Henry Plant hotel still in operation when it closed in 2009. The building was noted for its architectural features, with its unique green sloped roof and white wood-sided exterior, and extensive handcrafted woodwork and Tiffany glass inside. Constructed of native Florida pine wood, it was said to be the largest occupied wood frame structure in the world during its heyday. 27.9436110,-82.8183330
Map
93617 Louis Ducros House The Louis Ducros House (also known as the Plant-Ducros House) is a historic home in Clearwater, Florida. It is located at 1324 South Fort Harrison Street. On July 2, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. 27.9447000,-82.7972000
Map
93618 Bay Haven School The Bay Haven School is a historic school in Sarasota, Florida, United States. It is located at 2901 West Tamiami Circle. On April 23, 1984, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. 27.3616670,-82.5516670
Map
93619 Fountain of Youth Archeological Park The Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park is a privately owned 15-acre (61,000 m2) park in St. Augustine, Florida, located along Hospital Creek, part of the Intracoastal Waterway. It has been touted as the likely 1513 Florida landing site of Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon, although no evidence has been found to substantiate this claim. Recent research by amateur historian Douglas Peck has placed another possible landing site in the vicinity of Melbourne Beach in Brevard County. The park contains a well claimed to be the freshwater source referred to by Antonio de Herrera y Tordesillas in his Historia general de los hechos de los castellanos en las Islas y Tierra Firme del mar Océano and supposedly sought by Ponce de Leon, but there is no supporting evidence. Archaeological excavations made by Dr. Kathleen Deagan on the park's grounds in the 1990s uncovered remains of the first Spanish settlement and its fortifications in St. Augustine. 29.9073060,-81.3161390
Map
93620 Daytona Beach Surfside Historic District The following buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Daytona Beach Multiple Property Submission (or MPS). 29.2250000,-81.0100000
Map
93621 Halifax Drive Historic District The Halifax Drive Historic District was a U.S. historic district (designated as such on February 5, 1998) located in Port Orange, Florida. The district ran roughly along Halifax Drive from Dunlawton to Herbert Street. It contained 17 historic buildings. 29.1436000,-80.9864000
Map
93622 Carver Village Historic District The Carver Village Historic District is a historic district in Savannah, Georgia. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2019. 32.0711110,-81.1263890
Map
93623 T. R. R. Cobb House The T. R. R. Cobb House built in 1842 is an historic octagon house originally located at 194 Prince Avenue in Athens, Georgia. On June 30, 1975, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. 33.9611110,-83.3816670
Map
93624 Oconee Street School The Oconee Street School, at 594 Oconee St in Athens, Georgia, is was built in 1908. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. 33.9524530,-83.3663650
Map
93625 Chaqui'an Massacre Site Chaqui'an Massacre Site, at Chalan Emsley in Yigo on Guam, was the site of a massacre in 1944 by Japanese soldiers of 45 native Chamorro men. The men were from 15 to 76 years old, and were dressed in civilian clothes. They were tied and were beheaded. The site, a 1.94 acres (0.79 ha) area, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016. 13.5712910,144.8888990
Map
93626 Fonte River Dam The Fonte River Dam is a historic dam on the Fonte River on the island of Guam. It is located in the upper third of the river's main valley, which is located between Nimitz Hill and Agana Heights, and lies below and west of the scenic overlook on Nimitz Hill. The dam, built in 1910, was part of the first organized effort by the United States Navy to provide a reliable water supply to the island's major settlement, HagÃ¥tña (formerly Agana). It is a concrete structure 150 feet (46 m) long, 24 feet (7.3 m) high, and has a 17 feet (5.2 m) base. It is almost complete obscured by jungle overgrowth. 13.4586300,144.7285780
Map
93627 St. Alphonsus Hospital St. Alphonsus Hospital was a 3-story, French Renaissance style building in Boise, Idaho, designed by architect J.K. Hollowell in 1893 and completed in 1894. The hospital was part of a small group of buildings constructed by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Boise that included St. Teresa's Academy (demolished). The hospital building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, soon after it became slated for demolition in 1976.
93628 Gardiner Peak Lookout The Gardiner Peak Lookout, on Gardiner Peak in the West Fork District of Bitterroot National Forest, near Darby, Idaho, was built in 1953. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. 45.9699590,-114.7665860
Map
93629 Salmon Mountain Lookout The Salmon Mountain Lookout, on Salmon Mountain in the West Fork District of Bitterroot National Forest, near Darby, Idaho, was built in 1949. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. 45.6169250,-114.8367890
Map
93630 Big Woods School The Big Woods School is a historic one-room schoolhouse located at 3033 N. Eola Road in Aurora, Illinois. The school was built in 1917-18 to replace the original Big Woods School, which was built in the mid-19th century and had fallen into disrepair. The red brick school building has a Craftsman design. It was one of the first schoolhouses in DuPage County built after Illinois' Sanitation Law of 1915, which created a set of modern safety and sanitation standards for the state's public schools. The school's plan is essentially the same as that recommended by the state, with considerations for playground space, lighting, ventilation, and indoor plumbing. In 1963, the school closed due to consolidation with two nearby schools, and the building was sold to a private owner; it is now owned by a not-for-profit preservation group. 41.8155250,-88.2318810
Map
93631 Henry C. Middaugh House The Henry C. Middaugh House was a historic residence in Clarendon Hills, Illinois. The Queen Anne residence was built on the north side of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad railroad station before Clarendon Hills was even platted. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. However, a Catholic church purchased the property in 2002 so that it could expand, and the house was demolished shortly thereafter. 41.8019000,-87.9503000
Map