stats

Tourguide

#Id Name Image Description Geolocation Address City State
93692 Appleyard (Greencastle, Indiana) Appleyard, also known as the Alexander C. Stevenson Farm, is a historic farm located on the south side of State Road 240 2 miles (3.2 km) east of Greencastle in Putnam County, Indiana. The farm was the home of Alexander Campbell Stevenson, an Indiana politician and agriculturalist. Stevenson founded the farm in 1843 while serving in the Indiana House of Representatives; he later served as speaker of the assembly. Stevenson bred shorthorn cattle and merino sheep on his farm using modern methods and became a prominent agricultural expert in Indiana. As a result of his efforts, Stevenson was appointed to Indiana's first State Board of Agriculture in 1851; during his tenure on the board, he helped establish the Indiana State Fair. Stevenson later served as president of the Indiana Shorthorn Breeders Association and the American Shorthorn Breeders Association. 39.6386110,-86.8188890
Map
93693 Ferree Covered Bridge Ferree Covered Bridge was a historic covered bridge located near Rushville, Rush County, Indiana. It was built in 1873 by Archibald M. Kennedy and his son Emmett. It was a Burr Arch bridge, 87 feet (27 m) long over Little Flat Rock River. The bridge had square portals with articulated corners.:2, 15
93694 Colfax Theater Colfax Theater was a historic theatre building located at South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana. It was built in 1928, and was a two-story, irregularly shaped brick building with a glazed terra cotta facade. The auditorium seated 2,000 patrons. The second story features a multi-paned Palladian window.:16 It was demolished in 1994. 41.6775000,-86.2522000
Map
93695 Morningside Club Residence Morningside Club Residence was a historic residential hotel building located at South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana. It was built in 1925, and was a four-story, "U"-shaped brick and terra cotta building. A commercial addition to the building was constructed in 1926. It was destroyed by fire.:23
93696 Northern Indiana Gas and Electric Company Building Northern Indiana Gas and Electric Company Building, also known as the Roma Building, was a historic office building located at South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana. It was built in 1915, and was a three-story, brick building sheathed in pink terra cotta. It featured a projecting cornice with brackets and modillions.:53 41.6786110,-86.2505560
Map
93697 Tivoli Theater (Mishawaka, Indiana) Tivoli Theater was a historic theatre building located at Mishawaka, St. Joseph County, Indiana. It was built in 1924–1925, and was a two-story, brick building with a facade featuring terra cotta ornamentation, a massive central arched window, and decorative art glass. The auditorium seated 1,500 patrons. The building consisted of three storefronts and the auditorium and lobby entrance, and office on the second floor. It was demolished in 2005.
93698 Brown-Kercheval House Brown-Kercheval House was a historic home located at Rockport, Spencer County, Indiana. The original section was built in 1853-1854, and was a 1 1/2-story, wood frame Gothic Cottage style dwelling with Greek Revival style design elements. It was originally a six-room house and subsequently expanded in 1880 and 1908 to a 14-room house. A kitchen wing was added in 1954. Also on the property was a contributing brick outbuilding.:2–3
93699 Deutsch Evangelische St. Paul's Kirche Deutsch Evangelische St. Paul's Kirche is a historic Evangelical Protestant church located at Santa Claus, Spencer County, Indiana. It was built in 1880, and is a one-story, wood frame building sheathed in clapboard siding. It sits on a sandstone block foundation and has a gable roof. It features a square bell tower with steeple measuring 70 feet tall.:2 The building was moved to Santa Claus Park in 2012. 38.1111110,-86.9091670
Map
93700 West Lafayette Baptist Church West Lafayette Baptist Church (1898-1964), also known as Church of the Good Shepherd (1964-1976), was a historic Baptist church located at West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana. It was built between 1898 and 1901, and was a two-story, cross shaped Gothic Revival style brick building. It featured a corner bell tower with three-tiered masonry buttresses. The Cynthia Jones Hall was added in 1936-1937 and the church was remodeled in 1951.:2
93701 Brownsville Covered Bridge Brownsville Covered Bridge was a historic long truss covered bridge located at Brownsville, Union County, Indiana. It was built between 1837 and 1840, and was a single span covered timber bridge. It measured 182 feet (55 m) long and 21 feet 6 inches (6.55 m) wide. The bridge spanned the East Fork of the Whitewater River.:2
93702 Dr. John Grove House and Office Dr. John Grove House and Office was a historic home and office located at Liberty, Union County, Indiana. It was built in 1885, and consisted of a two-story, rectangular store front section with an attached two-story residence of frame construction sheathed in clapboard. The complex was in the Italianate / Gothic Revival style.:2
93703 Hillary Bacon Store (Woolworth's) Hillary Bacon Store, also known as Woolworth's, was a historic commercial building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was designed by the architecture firm Shopbell & Company and built in 1921. It was in Chicago school style architecture.:Part 1 It was destroyed by fire in 1990. 37.9781000,-87.5691000
Map
93704 Buckingham Apartments Buckingham Apartments was a historic apartment building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was designed by the architecture firm Shopbell & Company and built in 1911. It was in Arts and Crafts movement style architecture.:Part 1 It has been demolished. 37.9675000,-87.5694000
Map
93705 Daescher Building Daescher Building, also known as Kleiderer Brothers, was a historic commercial building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1886.:Part 1 It has been demolished.
93706 Andrew Hutchinson House Andrew Hutchinson House was a historic home located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1851.:Part 1 It has been demolished.
93707 Louisville and Nashville Railroad Station (Evansville, Indiana) Louisville and Nashville Railroad Station, also known as L & N Station, was a historic train station located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1902 for the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, and was a Richardsonian Romanesque style rock-faced limestone building. It consisted of a three-story central block with two-story flanking wings, and a one-story baggage wing. It had projecting gabled pavilions and a slate hipped roof.:2
93708 Damron Nienaber Commercial Block Damron Nienaber Commercial Block was a historic commercial building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1884.:Part 1 It has been demolished.
93709 Old Hose House No. 4 Old Hose House No. 4, also known as Whiting Sheet Metal, was a historic fire station located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1860.:Part 1 It has been demolished. 37.9764000,-87.5711000
Map
93710 Patrick Henry Richardt House Patrick Henry Richardt House was a historic home located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1861.:Part 1 It has been demolished.
93711 Skora Building Skora Building, also known as the Budlock Building, was a historic commercial building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built between 1911 and 1913, and was a two-story, rectangular brick building.:2 It has been demolished. 37.9717000,-87.5739000
Map
93712 Wabash Valley Motor Company Wabash Valley Motor Company was a historic commercial building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was built in 1919. It was in Chicago school style architecture.:Part 1 It has been demolished. 37.9719000,-87.5650000
Map
93713 Walnut Street School (Evansville, Indiana) Walnut Street School was a historic school building located in downtown Evansville, Indiana. It was designed by the architecture firm Shopbell & Company and built in 1913. It was in the Prairie School style architecture.:Part 1 It has been demolished.
93714 Brouilletts Creek Covered Bridge Brouilletts Creek Covered Bridge, also known as S Hill Covered Bridge and Furnace Road Bridge, was a historic Burr Arch Truss covered bridge located at Clinton, Vermillion County, Indiana. It was built in 1879, and is a single span covered timber bridge. It measured 157 feet long.:5–6 The bridge was disassembled in 1994 and currently in storage in its entirety for reassembly in the future.
93715 DeWees-Preston-Smith House DeWees-Preston-Smith House was a historic home located at Terre Haute, Vigo County, Indiana. It was built between 1823 and 1826, and was a 1 1/2-story, vernacular Southern post-colonial style stone dwelling. It featured a full width verandah and a stuccoed front. It was damaged by fire in 1979, and was the oldest remaining structure in Terre Haute.:2–3 It has been demolished.
93716 North Manchester Planing and Band Saw Mill North Manchester Planing and Band Saw Mill (J.A. Browne Co. Mill) was a historic sawmill complex located at North Manchester, Wabash County, Indiana. The sawmill was built in 1876, and was a 1 1/2-story brick building. It was enlarged in 1898, to house the power station of the Browne-Mills Electric Company. Associated with the mill were three brick cottages built in the late-1870s for mill employees.:2–3 40.9986000,-85.7778000
Map
93717 Richmond Gas Company Building Richmond Gas Company Building was a historic commercial building located at Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana. It was built in 1855, and was a two-story, "L"-shaped, early Victorian style brick building. It had a gable roof supported by steel trusses and round and arched windows.:2–3 39.8297220,-84.8994440
Map
93718 Starr Piano Company Warehouse and Administration Building Starr Piano Company Warehouse and Administration Building were two historic buildings located at Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana. The Administration Building was built about 1900, and was a two-story, five sided, brick industrial building. 39.8247000,-84.9000000
Map
93719 John A. Grove House John A. Grove House, also known as the Henry H. Hunsicker Residence, was a historic home located at Bluffton, Wells County, Indiana. It was built in 1891, and was a two-story, Queen Anne style frame dwelling. It featured a conical-roofed turret, steeply pitched hipped roof, and arcaded front porch.:2 40.7400000,-85.1772000
Map
93720 Wolcott House (Wolcott, Indiana) Wolcott House is a historic home located at Wolcott, White County, Indiana. It was built about 1859 by Anson Wolcott the founder of the town of Wolcott. It is a two-story, Italianate style wood frame building with a rectangular wing. It sits on a rubblestone foundation and has a [wood shake] hipped roof. It was home to three generations of the politically prominent Wolcott family. The Anson Wolcott Historical Society is the caretaker of this beautiful historic home.
93721 Osceola Commercial Historic District The Osceola Commercial Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located in Osceola, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. At the time of its nomination, the district was composed of 42 contributing buildings. Beginning in 1874 the central business district had a series of devastating fires that led to the development of the area. Practices such as gaps between the buildings, ornate cornices that are smaller in scale, and brick and metal construction of new buildings were the result. Many of the buildings were recognized for their architecture, which includes Italianate, Queen Anne, Neoclassical, Art Deco, and Mid-century modern styles. Significant buildings include the Arlington-Howe-Garner Hotel (1882), the United States Post Office (1935), the original city hall/fire station building, the Clarke County Courthouse (1956), and the water tower (1957). The Masonic Building (1872) is individually listed on the National Register. 41.0343460,-93.7665230
Map