Book a Tour, Activity, or
Watch a Virtual Tour

#Id Name Image Description Geolocation Address City State
141 Holy Trinity Church The Holy Trinity Church, also known as the Church of the Holy Trinity (Episcopal) is a church located at 325 Gold Street in Juneau, Alaska. The present building was built in 2009, replacing an 1896 structure which burned on March 12, 2006. 58.3027780,-134.4069440
Map
325 Gold St. Juneau AK
142 Davis, J. M., House The J. M. Davis House is a historic house at 202 6th Street in Juneau, Alaska. This two-story wood frame house was built in 1892, when Juneau was little more than a gold mining camp, and remains one of its most elegant homes of the period, as well as one of its oldest buildings. The builder, J. M. Davis, was a miner whose wife was a wealthy English artist. Their son, Trevor Davis, was a noted Alaskan landscape photographer; the house has also served as the official residence of the local US Coast Guard Admiral. 58.3033330,-134.4111110
Map
202 6th St. Juneau AK
143 Frances House The Frances House is a historic house at 137 6th Street in Juneau, Alaska. The three story wood frame house was built in 1898 by Jerry Eicherly, then Juneau's postmaster. In 1911 it was purchased by John Rustgard, the Alaska Territory's attorney general, and in 1927 it was rescued from demolition by Frances Davis, a noted painter of Alaskan scenes, from whom the house derives its name. The house is a notable local example of vernacular Queen Anne styling, with a busy roofline, varied siding, and narrow Italianate windows. 58.3027780,-134.4113890
Map
137 6th St. Juneau AK
144 Valentine Building The Valentine Building, also known as Valentine's Place and Valentine Business Block, is a historic commercial building at 202 Front Street in Juneau, Alaska. It is a prominent, irregularly-shaped two-story wood frame structure, occupying an entire five-sided city block in the historic heart of the city. It was built in phases in 1904 and 1912 by Emery Valentine, a prominent local businessman who served as mayor of Juneau for six terms. For the first half of the 20th century, the Valentine building was one of Juneau's preeminent addresses, and the building remains a fine example of Alaskan frontier architecture. 58.3008330,-134.4072220
Map
202 Front St. Juneau AK
145 Twin Glacier Camp The Twin Glacier Camp, also known as the Twin Glacier Lodge and now Taku Glacier Lodge, is a historic wilderness recreation complex in Juneau Borough, Alaska. It is located on the southern banks of the Taku River, about 30 miles (48 km) from the city of Juneau. The camp consists of thirteen buildings on 12 acres (4.9 ha), about half of which were built in the first ten years of the camp's existence. The main lodge house is a log and stone structure measuring 40 by 20 feet (12.2 m × 6.1 m). It is one of the few surviving camps (out of what was once a large number) established in Alaska during the 1920s. 58.4905560,-133.9411110
Map
Along the Taku River Juneau AK
146 Fries Miners' Cabins The Fries Miners' Cabins are a group of six small houses located on the 500 block of Kennedy Street, in the Starr Hill neighborhood adjacent to downtown Juneau, Alaska. The six were built as essentially identical structures in 1913 to house miners working in the local gold mines. The houses are 1-1/2 story structures of wood frame construction, and are in the Craftsman style popular at the time. Of the more than 200 miner houses built during Juneau's gold boom, these are among the few that survive. 58.3044440,-134.4055560
Map
500 blk., Kennedy St. Juneau AK
147 Gruening, Ernest, Cabin The Ernest Gruening Cabin is a historic rural cabin in Juneau, Alaska, United States, and the centerpiece of Ernest Gruening State Historical Park. It is a 1-1/2 story wood frame structure located 26 miles (42 km) north of the city on the Glacier Highway. It is the only building associated with the life of Ernest Gruening, governor of the Alaska Territory 1939-53, other than the Alaska Governor's Mansion. The cabin was built on land Gruening leased (and later purchased) from the United States Forest Service, and was built by local laborers including Gruening's son Hunt. The cabin measures 24 feet (7.3 m) by 28 feet (8.5 m), with a gable roof and a large fieldstone chimney. Its exterior is finished in shiplap siding milled to resemble unfinished logs. The interior consists of a single large chamber, with a circular stairway leading to a sleeping loft above. The kitchen area is set apart from the rest of the space by different flooring, an alteration by Gruening's grandson. The property is now a state historic site. 58.4936110,-134.7866670
Map
Mile 26, Glacier Hwy., NW of Juneau Juneau AK
148 Jualpa Mining Camp The Jualpa Mining Camp, also known as the Last Chance Basin Camp, is a former gold mining camp, just outside the city of Juneau, Alaska. Its main building is now operated as the Last Chance Mining Museum by the Gastineau Historical Society. The camp was located on the southern banks of Gold Creek, about 1 mile (1.6 km) north of Juneau, near what is now the end of Basin Road. The camp was the site of one of the largest gold finds in the Juneau mining district. It was established between 1910 and 1913 by the Alaska-Juneau Gold Mining Company and operated until 1944, producing more than $80 million worth of gold. The largest surviving structure of the camp is its air compressor building, which was 84 feet (26 m) long, and still houses the compressor used by the company. Also surviving are a variety of railroad-related resources, which the company used to bring or to its mill on the Gastineau channel, an electrical transformer house, powder magazine, and cable hoist. 58.3066670,-134.3852780
Map
1001 Basin Rd. Juneau AK
149 Juneau Downtown Historic District The Juneau Downtown Historic District encompasses the historic commercial heart of the city of Juneau, Alaska. It extends along South Franklin Street, from the cruise terminal in the south to Second Street in the north, and westward along Second and Front Streets to Main Street. This area was the center of Juneau's economic activity from its founding in 1880 as a gold mining camp, through its growth into an urbanized area in the early 20th century, including its eventual designation as the territorial capital in 1906. In the early days of the gold mining camp business was centered in the area bounded by Front, Main and South Franklin, with maritime activities in particular eventually extending further south along the shore of the Gastineau Channel by making land using mine tailings. The early buildings have relatively utilitarian architecture, while those of the early 20th century are somewhat more ornate, with Late Victorian details. Notable buildings from this period include the Alaska Steam Laundry (174 S. Franklin) and the Valentine Building (202 Front Street). 58.2994440,-134.4041670
Map
Roughly, Franklin St. from Second St. to S of Ewing Way, Second and First Sts. from Franklin to Main St., and Front St. Juneau AK
150 Chicken Ridge Historic District The Chicken Ridge Historic District is a residential historic district in Juneau, Alaska. It is located in an area long known as Chicken Ridge (probably for the ptarmigan and grouse found there in abundance), and has since the early 20th century been one of Juneau's finest neighborhoods. It includes properties along Seventh Street, Basin Road above Seventh, Goldbelt Avenue, Dixon Street, and Main Street above Sixth. Most of the district's 75 contributing and 26 non-contributing properties are Craftsman in style, although the Tudor Revival and Colonial Revival are also well represented. 58.3038890,-134.4108330
Map
Roughly, along Seventh St., Goldbelt Ave., Dixon St. and Basin Rd. Juneau AK