Book a Tour, Activity, or
Watch a Virtual Tour

#Id Name Image Description Geolocation Address City State
58817 McKay, Claude, Residence The Harlem YMCA is located at 180 West 135th Street between Lenox Avenue and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. Built in 1931-32, the red-brown brick building with neo-Georgian details was designed by the Architectural Bureau of the National Council of the YMCA, with James C. Mackenzie, Jr. as the architect in charge. It replaced the building from 1919 across the street. Inside the building is a mural by Aaron Douglas titled "Evolution of Negro Dance." The building was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976, and was designated a New York City Landmark in 1998. 40.8148640,-73.9428810
Map
180 W. 135th St. New York NY
58818 Chelsea Historic District Chelsea is a neighborhood on the West Side of the borough of Manhattan in New York City. The district's boundaries are roughly 14th Street to the south, the Hudson River and West Street to the west, and Sixth Avenue to the east, with its northern boundary variously described as near the upper 20s or 34th Street, the next major crosstown street to the north. 40.7452780,-74.0041670
Map
Roughly bounded by 19th and 22nd Sts., 9th and 10th Aves. New York NY
58819 Devinne Press Building The De Vinne Press Building, located at 393-399 Lafayette Street at the corner of East 4th Street, in the NoHo district of lower Manhattan, New York City, is a brick structure, built in 1885-1886 and designed by the firm of Babb, Cook & Willard in Romanesque Revival style. An addition was made to the building in 1892. 40.7277780,-73.9933330
Map
393--399 Lafayette St. New York NY
58820 Duke, James B., Mansion The James B. Duke House is a mansion located at 1 East 78th Street, on the northeast corner at Fifth Avenue, in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City. The house is one of the great extant mansions from "Millionaire's Row". It was built for James Buchanan Duke, who was one of the founding partners of American Tobacco Company and the owner of Duke Power. The building has housed the New York University Institute of Fine Arts since 1952. 40.7763890,-73.9641670
Map
1 E. 78th St. New York NY
58821 Fraunces Tavern Block Fraunces Tavern is a landmark museum and restaurant in New York City, situated at 54 Pearl Street at the corner of Broad Street. The location played a prominent role in history before, during and after the American Revolution, serving as a headquarters for George Washington, a venue for peace negotiations with the British, and housing federal offices in the Early Republic. It has been owned since 1904 by Sons of the Revolution in the State of New York Inc., which carried out a major conjectural reconstruction, and claim it is Manhattan's oldest surviving building. The museum interprets the building and its history, along with varied exhibitions of art and artifacts. The tavern is a tourist site and a part of the American Whiskey Trail and the New York Freedom Trail. 40.7033330,-74.0113890
Map
Bounded by Pearl, Water, Broad Sts. and Coenties Slip New York NY
58822 Hotel Chelsea The Hotel Chelsea – also called the Chelsea Hotel, or simply the Chelsea – is a historic New York City hotel and landmark built between 1883 and 1885, known primarily for the notability of its residents over the years. The 250-unit hotel is located at 222 West 23rd Street, between Seventh and Eighth Avenues, in the neighborhood of Chelsea, Manhattan. The building has been a designated New York City landmark since 1966, and on the National Register of Historic Places since 1977. 40.7430560,-73.9941670
Map
222 W. 23rd St. New York NY
58823 House at 51 Market St. 51 Market Street, also known as the William and Rosamond Clark House, is a historic house located between Madison and Monroe Streets in lower Manhattan in New York City. The two-story gambrelled house was built in 1824-25 in the late Federal style at a time when the Lower East Side was an affluent residential neighborhood. The original owner was apparently William Clark, a grocer. The upper two stories were added late in the 19th century. The house has been described as a "superb" example of the Federal style. 40.7116670,-73.9950000
Map
51 Market St. New York NY
58824 Morris, Lewis G., House The Lewis Gouverneur and Nathalie Bailey Morris House is a historic building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. The five-story dark red brick house was built in 1913-14 as a private residence for Lewis Gouverneur Morris, a financier and descendent of Gouverneur Morris, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, and Alletta Nathalie Lorillard Bailey. In 1917, Morris & Pope (Lewis Governeur Morris’ stock brokerage firm) is bankrupt but the family retains ownership of this house as well as their house in Newport, RI because his wife owned the property as collateral for a loan to him for his brokerage business. Alletta Nathalie Bailey Morris was a leading women's tennis player in the 1910s, winning the national indoor tennis championship in 1920. 40.7794440,-73.9577780
Map
100 E. 85th St. New York NY
58825 New York Cancer Hospital The New York Cancer Hospital (NYCH) in the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City was a cancer treatment and research institution founded in 1884. The building was located at 455 Central Park West between West 105th and 106th Streets, and built between 1884 and 1886 with additions made between 1889 and 1890; it was designed by Charles Coolidge Haight in the Late Gothic and French Chateau styles – inspired by the chateaux of the Loire Valley. It was the first hospital in the United States dedicated specifically for the treatment of cancer, and the second in the world after the London Cancer Hospital. After outgrowing the original building and moving, it became what is today (2018) the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. 40.7977780,-73.9608330
Map
2 W. 106th St. New York NY
58826 Old New York Evening Post Building The Old New York Evening Post Building is the former office and printing plant of the New York Evening Post newspaper located at 20 Vesey Street between Church Street and Broadway in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City. It was built in 1906-07 and was designed by architect Robert D. Kohn for Oswald Garrison Villard, who owned the Post at the time, and is considered to be "one of the few outstanding Art nouveau buildings" ever constructed in the United States. 40.7119440,-74.0100000
Map
20 Vessy St. New York NY