Book a Tour, Activity, or
Watch a Virtual Tour

#Id Name Image Description Geolocation Address City State
94197 Caserta (Eastville, Virginia) Caserta was a historic plantation house located near Eastville, Northampton County, Virginia. The oldest section was dated to about 1736. The house consisted of a two-story, three-bay main block with gable roof, and brick end with interior end chimney. It had a 1 1/2-story end wing and hyphen, the end wing having a large exterior end chimney and a steeper gable roof than the hyphen. The main section was built by U.S. Navy Commander George P. Upshur (1799-1852), brother of Judge Abel Parker Upshur of Vaucluse. He owned the property from 1836 to 1847. It was destroyed by fire in 1975.
94198 Somers House Somers House was a historic home located near Jamesville, Northampton County, Virginia. It was built after 1727, and was a 1 1/2-story, rectangular brick structure covered by a steep gable roof with dormers. It was demolished.
94199 Westover (Eastville, Virginia) Westover was a historic plantation house located near Eastville, Northampton County, Virginia. The original house was about 1750, as a two-story, three bay, single pile structure with a gambrel roof in a vernacular style indigenous to Virginia's Eastern Shore. A two-bay extension was added in the late-18th century, and a rear wing in the late-19th century. The house had brick ends and a chimney with steep sloping haunches and a corbeled brick cap. It was destroyed by fire between 1980-1997.
94200 Bob White Covered Bridge The Bob White Covered Bridge, also known as the Lower Covered Bridge or Woolwine Covered Bridge, was a county-owned wooden covered bridge that spanned the Smith River in Patrick County, Virginia, United States. It was located on the old portion of Bob White Road (SR 869) off State Route 8 southeast of the community of Woolwine, about 13 miles (21 kilometers) north of Stuart. Coordinates were 36°46′44.82″N 80°14′51.26″W / 36.7791167°N 80.2475722°W / 36.7791167; -80.2475722 (36.779117, −80.247572). 36.7794440,-80.2475000
Map
94201 Petersburg Trailways Bus Station The Petersburg Trailways Bus Station is a historic transportation terminal building at 108 East Washington Street in Petersburg, Virginia. Built by the Trailways bus system in 1946, this example of Moderne architecture is one of the state's best surviving examples of a little-altered mid-20th century bus terminal. It is a roughly T-shaped masonry building with curved corners, and a recessed entry under a canopy labelled "Trailways Bus". The interior has relatively little alteration, limited to the removal of the fixtures related to a whites-only dining counter in one area of the building. 37.2279170,-77.4013890
Map
94202 Oak Hill (Oak Ridge, Virginia) Oak Hill was a historic plantation home located near Oak Ridge, Pittsylvania County, Virginia. It was built in 1823-1825, and was a 2 1/2-story, five bay, Federal style brick dwelling with a gable roof. An addition was built in 1899. It was destroyed by fire in 1988.
94203 Woodlawn (Vernon Hill, Virginia) Woodlawn, also known as Woodlawn Plantation, is a historic home and farm complex located near Vernon Hill, Pittsylvania County, Virginia. It was built about 1815, and is a relatively small but unusual, two-part manor house. It consists of two 1 1/2-story main blocks connected by a hyphen, that are nearly identical in size, shape, and materials. The house is of heavy timber frame construction sheathed in weatherboard. The interior features Federal style decorative details. Also on the property the contributing early-19th century log smokehouse, and a family cemetery. 36.7752780,-79.1633330
Map
94204 The Circle (Portsmouth, Virginia) The Circle was a historic restaurant building located at Portsmouth, Virginia designed by Dorothy Pebworth. It was built in 1947, and was a one-story, Moderne style building. It was a stuccoed concrete block structure with a prominent half-circle building mass marking the façade. The half-circle was surmounted by a neon-lit sign with the restaurant's name. The bar had a mural attributed to Al Hirschfeld of mid-20th century celebrities. The Circle was an original curb-service restaurant, which later served as a dine-in restaurant. The building was demolished on August 19, 2013. 36.8347220,-76.3383330
Map
94207 The Chesapeake Warehouses The Chesapeake Warehouses are a complex of eight former tobacco storage facilities at 1100 Dinwiddie Avenue in Richmond, Virginia. These facilities were built c. 1929, and served as storage facilities for a number of the major American tobacco companies. Each warehouse was a single-story timber frame building with galvanized sheet metal walls, and was about 20,000 square feet (1,900 m2) in size. Tobacco was brought into the complex, which originally had fourteen warehouses, by rail, and was delivered to local processing plants by truck. They were in regular use until 1963, when industry practices moved away from the centralized storage of large quantities of tobacco, a practice that resulted in significant losses due to insect infestation. Six of the original warehouses were demolished due to termite infestation. 37.5138890,-77.4372220
Map
94208 Wicker Apartments The Wicker Apartments, now known as the Bellevue Apartments, are a historic apartment complex at 3905-4213 Chamberlain Avenue and 4210-4232 Old Brook Road in Richmond, Virginia. It is a well-preserved example of a garden apartment complex developed in the post-World War II years (1945–47) with funding support from the Federal Housing Administration. The complex includes sixteen two-story brick buildings with 144 housing units, set on spacious and handsomely landscaped property. 37.5938890,-77.4483330
Map