Book a Tour, Activity, or
Watch a Virtual Tour

#Id Name Image Description Geolocation Address City State
54 Crow Creek Consolidated Gold Mining Company Crow Creek is a stream in the Chugach Mountains, Alaska, US. It is the only notable tributary of Glacier Creek, which enters Turnagain Arm from the north, 12 miles (19 km) from its eastern end. The stream is notable as the site of ongoing gold mining since the late 19th century. 61.0002780,-149.0658330
Map
NE of Girdwood Girdwood AK
57 St. Sergius Chapel The St. Sergius Chapel is a historic Russian Orthodox church in Chuathbaluk, Alaska, United States, in the Bethel Census Area. Now it is under Diocese of Alaska of the Orthodox Church in America. 61.5716670,-159.2438890
Map
In Chuathbaluk Chuathbaluk AK
59 Sts. Constantine and Helen Chapel The Sts. Constantine and Helen Chapel, in Lime Village, Alaska, United States, in the Bethel Census Area, is a historic Russian Orthodox church that was built in 1923. Now it is under Diocese of Alaska of the Orthodox Church in America 61.3552780,-155.4350000
Map
In Lime Village Lime Village AK
60 St. Seraphim Chapel The St. Seraphim Chapel, also known as the Old Church, is a historic Russian Orthodox church in Lower Kalskag, Alaska, United States, in Bethel Census Area, that may include a portion built in 1843, or it may have all been built later. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. 61.5138890,-160.3663890
Map
In Lower Kalskag Lower Kalskag AK
61 St. Jacob's Church St. Jacob's Church is a historic Russian Orthodox church in Napaskiak, Alaska, United States. Now it is under Diocese of Alaska of the Orthodox Church in America It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. 60.7066110,-161.7665830
Map
In Napaskiak Napaskiak AK
63 DIL-161 Site The DIL-161 Site is a prehistoric archeological site in Katmai National Park and Preserve. Located on the banks of the Alagnak River, the site was first identified in 1997 by National Park Service personnel, and its extents were mapped in 2004. The site is that of a village that was occupied between about 300 BCE and 800 CE. More than 40 cabin sites, which are little more than house pits, have been identified. Address Restricted Alagnak Wild River AK
64 St. Nicholas Chapel St. Nicholas Chapel, also known as the Santa Claus Church, is a historic Russian Orthodox church in Ekuk, Alaska, United States. The small, single story wood frame building was constructed in 1918 or 1919, replacing an earlier church. When originally built it was 16 feet wide and 21 feet long, but the chamber was subsequently lengthened, and is now 34 feet long. If it were not for its modest exterior religious symbols, it might be mistaken for a rural schoolhouse. The church and its graveyeard are located on a bluff which is subject to extensive erosion of the coast and, being just 185 feet from the shoreline, could be endangered in the next 50-100 years. 58.7981500,-158.5510800
Map
In Ekuk Ekuk AK
66 Fure's Cabin Fure's Cabin is a historic 15-by-20-foot (4.6 m × 6.1 m) log cabin that was built in c.1926. It is located on a narrow isthmus, on the portage trail between Naknek Lake and Lake Grosvenor in Katmai National Park and Preserve on the Alaska Peninsula. Also known as Roy Fure's Trapping Cabin, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985; the listing included three contributing buildings (cabin, and a shed, and an outhouse) and one other contributing structure (a 27-foot (8.2 m) windmill tower). 58.6697220,-155.4311110
Map
Katmai National Park and Preserve King Salmon AK
67 Brooks River Archeological District The Brooks River Archaeological District encompasses a large complex of archaeological sites along the banks of the Brooks River in Katmai National Park and Preserve in the U.S. state of Alaska. It includes at least twenty separate settlement sites with documented occupation dates from 2500 BCE to recent (post-contact) history. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1993. The site is partly occupied by the Brooks Camp, one of the major visitor areas of the park. Address Restricted Naknek AK
68 Old Savonoski Site The Old Savonoski Site is the former site of a native village in Lake and Peninsula Borough, Alaska, that was buried by ash in the June 1912 eruption of the Novarupta Volcano. The site is located near the confluence of the Savonoski and Ukak Rivers, and is within the bounds of the Katmai National Park and Preserve. The site was visited by archaeologists in 1953, who identified a number of surviving elements, including fifteen barabaras, or semi-subterranean dwellings. Address Restricted Naknek AK